Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Square pulse waveform getting wrong after simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have a parallel plate capacitor for which I am applying square shaped pulsed voltage at one end and ground potential at the other end. I was able to generate the required amplitude in the waveform function, but after running the simulation when I monitor the probe which is on the plate where the square shaped pulsed voltage is applied the result shows a different magnitude of voltage. Why is my magnitude for voltage changing after the simulation is run.

Also I believe the role of the angular frequency in sqare waveform is to increase its frequency. Why is then this is changing my magnitude of the square shaped pulsed voltage when I increase its value.

Regards, Sourish

0 Replies Last Post 2020年11月4日 GMT-5 16:18
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sourish Sankar Sinha

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.