Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Question in Comsol built-in linear elastic equations in solid mechanics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi I have took much time on undestanding the Comsol built-in linear elastic equations in solid mechanics, but always failed to do that. The reason that I have to understand the solid mechanics linear elastic model is demonstred as below.

I had to investigate the relationship between the pressure and displacement for a 2D annulus structure with inner pressure applied outwards as attached. I used three methods to investigate this relation: experimental, comsol built-in linear elastic model, and one theoretical calculation and the result is attached. Firstly, I must figure out why there is a difference between comsol built-in equation and one theoretical equation. The theoretical equation is attached, which directly demonstrates the relation between the pressure and dispalcement.

But the first difficulty is that how to understand the comsol built-in linear elastic model? I have followed the guideline documentation, but there isn't too many usesful information that I have to use so that I dont know how to transfer the built-in linear elastic model into the direct relation between the pressure and displament for the annulus structure.

I will very appreciate if anyone can really help me! Thanks for your time Best wishes J

0 Replies Last Post 2020年11月12日 GMT-5 08:48
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Frank Zhang

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.