Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

high temperature of the cavity radiation heat transfer to radiation participating media

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I have a high temperature cavity which would use radiation to transfer heat on the semi transparent crystal. My cavity is rectangle with three surfaces ( diffuse surface ) which use surface to surface radiation physics to exchange radiation. However, the upper surface shares the same boundary with the radiation participating media( crystal surface exposed to the cavity ). My problem is the crystal surface doesn't emit energy because the surface is transparent, but I have to set the crystal surface as diffuse surface so that the three others surface of the cavity would transfer radiation to the surface. First step of my solution is finding the variable of irradiation and input into external intensity which is located in the interface of rpm's semi transparent. Second step: Setting the temperature of the diffuse surface to zero, so it would emit no radiation. Third step: Because the rpm domain doesn't support others domain which don't include in rpm's domain, so I have to find the variable of qr.out multiplied transmissivity and input in the surface to surface interface in order to make the other three surfaces receive the radiation coming from rpm. However, I don't know how to input qr.out in the surface to surface interface. Are there other ways I can solve the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Replies Last Post 2020年12月30日 GMT-5 05:03
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Daniel Zheng

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.