Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Exporting data from 1D line plot

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all, I'm running a time dependent study to calculate temperature of a model, with multiple (3) values for a single parameter. I'm interested in studying how temperature changes along a line in the model through time, for all 3 parameter values.

I created a cut line 3d and then a 1d plot group to look at temperature along the line. When I export the data as a text file, it outputs two columns, arc length along the line, and corresponding temperature. The values of arc length along the line repeat periodically, I assume for different temperatures / parameter value combinations. But it would be a lot easier to understand the data if I had corresponding columns for time and parameter value.

Does anyone know how this can be added to the exported data? Or can I assume the data is presented such that all times for the first parameter are shown first, then all times for the second parameter, etc.?

Thanks for your help.

3 Replies Last Post 2021年3月30日 GMT-4 01:16
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 3 years ago 2021年3月9日 GMT-5 03:26

You can control this behavior in the Export > Plot node: Set If multiple curves to Append as columns.

You can control this behavior in the Export > Plot node: Set **If multiple curves** to **Append as columns**.

Posted: 3 years ago 2021年3月29日 GMT-4 13:51

You can control this behavior in the Export > Plot node: Set If multiple curves to Append as columns.

Thanks for your reply Gunnar. I don't see this option within Export > Plot node. Maybe this could be due to my older version (5.3a)?

>You can control this behavior in the Export > Plot node: Set **If multiple curves** to **Append as columns**. Thanks for your reply Gunnar. I don't see this option within Export > Plot node. Maybe this could be due to my older version (5.3a)?

Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 3 years ago 2021年3月30日 GMT-4 01:16

Yes, I don't think that that option was available in 5.3a.

Yes, I don't think that that option was available in 5.3a.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.