Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Time Derivative Only Allowed With Respect To Mesh Time

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to use 2-phase darcy law with deformed geometry model. The moving boundary is inside the domain and I have a boundary condition on that boundary itself. The above error arises when I try to compute the solution. Can anyone plz suggest how to convert d(XXX,t) to d(XXX,TIME)?

4 Replies Last Post 2021年4月6日 GMT-4 13:16
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 3 years ago 2021年4月5日 GMT-4 10:44

I don't claim to understand your problem, but it sounds like maybe you want to access, dynamically during the time-domain computations, the value of a quantity that has been computed at a different (earlier) time in the model? If that is what you are saying, then you may find it useful to take a look at Comsol's "withsol" operator. See the help system for more about that. If that is not what you are asking about, then... nevermind.
:)

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
I don't claim to understand your problem, but it sounds like *maybe* you want to access, dynamically during the time-domain computations, the value of a quantity that has been computed at a different (earlier) time in the model? If that is what you are saying, then you may find it useful to take a look at Comsol's "**withsol**" operator. See the help system for more about that. If that is not what you are asking about, then... nevermind. :)

Posted: 3 years ago 2021年4月5日 GMT-4 12:15
Updated: 3 years ago 2021年4月5日 GMT-4 12:16

Hi,

Thanks for your reply Sir. I just wanted to know how to troubleshoot the error "Time Derivative Only Allowed With Respect To Mesh Time". I read a few replies on the discussion forum mentioning about conversion of d(XXX,t) to d(XXX,TIME) (i.e. conversion from time derivative toderivative w.rt. mesh time). None of the replies specified how exactly the above conversion can be done. Any help regarding the same would be helpful.

Thanks

Hi, Thanks for your reply Sir. I just wanted to know how to troubleshoot the error "Time Derivative Only Allowed With Respect To Mesh Time". I read a few replies on the discussion forum mentioning about conversion of d(XXX,t) to d(XXX,TIME) (i.e. conversion from time derivative toderivative w.rt. mesh time). None of the replies specified how exactly the above conversion can be done. Any help regarding the same would be helpful. Thanks

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 3 years ago 2021年4月5日 GMT-4 12:40

I guess you opened a model from an older version in 5.5. In case you are using expressions like d(xxx, t) in your own settings just replace t by TIME. Otherwise check the equation view of the physics nodes for something like d(xxx, t) and replace t by TIME as well. You may need to activate equation view in the preferences.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
I guess you opened a model from an older version in 5.5. In case you are using expressions like d(xxx, t) in your own settings just replace t by TIME. Otherwise check the equation view of the physics nodes for something like d(xxx, t) and replace t by TIME as well. You may need to activate equation view in the preferences. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 3 years ago 2021年4月6日 GMT-4 13:16

Hi Edgar,

Thank you very much. It worked.

Hi Edgar, Thank you very much. It worked.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.