Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

COMSOL constant abbreviations

Sohrab M Piezoelectric, energy harvesting, vibration analysis, vibration control, quartz, crystal resonators

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

where can I find COMSOL abbreviations for constants and formulations? Is there a manual that lists them all in which I can search and find?

2 Replies Last Post 2021年4月7日 GMT-4 17:04
Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Posted: 3 years ago 2021年4月7日 GMT-4 02:41

Hi Sohrab,

Yes, from the File menu, choose Help>Documentation (or press Ctrl+F1) to get access to the entire COMSOL documenation set. Search for physical constants, for example, to find the information you need.

During postprocessing, in text fields for expressions, press Ctrl+space to open a window where you can choose from all relevant constants, functions, and variables and insert them in the expression to plot or evaluate (see the attached screenshot).

Best regards,

Magnus Ringh

Hi Sohrab, Yes, from the **File** menu, choose **Help>Documentation** (or press Ctrl+F1) to get access to the entire COMSOL documenation set. Search for `physical constants`, for example, to find the information you need. During postprocessing, in text fields for expressions, press Ctrl+space to open a window where you can choose from all relevant constants, functions, and variables and insert them in the expression to plot or evaluate (see the attached screenshot). Best regards, Magnus Ringh

Sohrab M Piezoelectric, energy harvesting, vibration analysis, vibration control, quartz, crystal resonators

Posted: 3 years ago 2021年4月7日 GMT-4 17:04
Updated: 3 years ago 2021年4月7日 GMT-4 17:04

Hi Magnus,

Awesome! your help is much appreciated. This is what I was looking for.

The attachment also helped. I use that to find the equations. The ctrl+space takes me to the unit system window. (I am on windows)

Hi Magnus, Awesome! your help is much appreciated. This is what I was looking for. The attachment also helped. I use that to find the equations. The ctrl+space takes me to the unit system window. (I am on windows)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.