Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Does anyone knows how to solve this problem in a simulation of a bragg fiber grating in Comsol?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to simulate a Bragg Fiber Grating in 2D (for now). I am using Wave Optics Module in comsol. My fiber for testing, has 20 periods. I am using ELECTROMAGNETIC WAVES, FREQUENCY DOMAIN (EWFD), adding a Scattering Boundary Condition where the wave will enter with a Wave given by E field X = 0, Y = 0 and Z = 1V/m. Other Scattering Boundary Condition was added where I want to read the wave that is transmitted. Also was added as Perfect Magnetic Conductor the Top and Bottom Exterior Boundaries. In the Study, I add only the step 1: Frequency Domain with the range of frequency like range(0.5f0,deltaf,1.5f0), Where deltaf is 1THz and f0 is equal to c_const/1.45[um]. When I try to se the results using the formula: intop2(ewfd.nPoav)/intop1(0.5E0^2/Z0_constn0) I got a weird graph. What am I missing?

0 Replies Last Post 2021年4月10日 GMT-4 16:41
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Marcos Bezerra

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.