Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to view select domains for 3d plot group on COMSOL 5.3a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I'm trying to view how temperature varies for some particular domains that appear in my geometry. The domains of interest are covered by other domains surrounding them.

I started off by creating a 3D plot group and under that a Volume plot. In the video tutorial "Using Plots to Visualize Results in COMSOL Multiphysics" it says to right click "View 1" and click "hide geometric entities". However, in my version of COMSOL (5.3a) I don't see this option. Within "Geometry" I can click and hide certain domains, and the appearance of the geometry while clicked on "Geometry" appears correct. However, when I go back to the plot group the entire geometry disappears.

I also tried duplicating my solution data set, and selecting "selection", and then only selecting the domains of interest. However, if I change the 3d plot group source to this revised dataset, it still shows all domains, though it's possible the colors are only plotted in the domains of interest.

What I'm trying to do is pretty simple, but I'm surprised there isn't a way to do it in COMSOL (even if it's an older version). Does anyone know how I can only view the temperature variation on certain domains? Thank you so much for everyone's help!

Edit: grammar

1 Reply Last Post 2021年4月13日 GMT-4 13:24
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago 2021年4月13日 GMT-4 13:24

Using selections and/or hiding various features (domains, surfaces, edges) are both useful ways to control what is visible or not. You can also apply filters. (You didn't mention filters, so just in case you weren't aware of them, I figured I should mention them.)

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Using *selections* and/or *hiding* various features (domains, surfaces, edges) are both useful ways to control what is visible or not. You can also apply *filters*. (You didn't mention filters, so just in case you weren't aware of them, I figured I should mention them.)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.