Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Acoustic pressure interfaces coupling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the coupling between acoustic interfaces. I can use the acoustic-structure boundary under the Multiphysics to couple an acoustic pressure and a solid mechanics interface. However, I do not know how to couple two acoustic pressure interfaces (e.g. glass and water). The solid mechanics is coupled with the glass interface, however, it is not in direct contact with the water. So my question is, how do we couple two pressure acoustic interfaces (need to interfaces since different speeds of sound of the materials).

Thank you,

Alkistis

2 Replies Last Post 2021年8月13日 GMT-4 06:31
Mark Cops Triton Systems, Inc.

Posted: 3 years ago 2021年5月29日 GMT-4 19:22

Hi Alkistis, You should be able to define different material properties for separate domains. this can be done under the same acoustic interface.

Hi Alkistis, You should be able to define different material properties for separate domains. this can be done under the same acoustic interface.

Acculution ApS Certified Consultant

Posted: 3 years ago 2021年8月13日 GMT-4 06:31

If the glass and water are adjacent, they are automatically coupled. Just apply proper fluid characteristics.

-------------------
René Christensen, PhD
Acculution ApS
www.acculution.com
info@acculution.com
If the glass and water are adjacent, they are automatically coupled. Just apply proper fluid characteristics.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.