Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Heat_Fluid flow_Mesh !!!!

Lele, Dipl.-Phys. & Msc.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
In attached is the file on a simulation I am trying to figure out. I want to show the increase of heat (Temperature) fluid (or gas) flow through the long pipe. So I add another cylinder containing material which react exothermally with the temperature supply by the gas flow and re-increase it at the same time.
Now I simulate the heat flow without problem, but how to involve the impact of the second cylinder to the first to increase the temperature? What good modul should I use if I use the wrong one?

I dont know why it's takes too much time for the computation when I apply the fluid flow and the file size is about 13 Mb.

Please I really like your help in the case of possible.

Thank you in advance!

--
A. Fopah Lele

4 Replies Last Post 2012年6月7日 GMT-4 04:53
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年6月6日 GMT-4 16:41
Hi

in your example Heat Flux 1 and 3 are defined on the same boundaries, I do not believe this is correct.

You can add the solid glass part by adding a Domain node of the type Heat transfer in Solid and add domain 2 in there (do notforget to apply your HT to all domains.

Again, you do not solve the fluid flow, and have a constant "flat" velocity, I would expect a rather parabolic profile of your gas

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi in your example Heat Flux 1 and 3 are defined on the same boundaries, I do not believe this is correct. You can add the solid glass part by adding a Domain node of the type Heat transfer in Solid and add domain 2 in there (do notforget to apply your HT to all domains. Again, you do not solve the fluid flow, and have a constant "flat" velocity, I would expect a rather parabolic profile of your gas -- Good luck Ivar

Lele, Dipl.-Phys. & Msc.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年6月7日 GMT-4 03:47
Thank you very much dear Ivar,
You were right. Concerning you last sentence, I intend to apply now the fluid flow. My aim is to show that the heat from the gas will be used to react (chemically) with the silica glass and re-increase the temperature of the flow at the outlet.
I am going step by step and will come over to you when I will stuck.

Thanks again for your urge help on this forum
My regards!

--
A. Fopah Lele
Thank you very much dear Ivar, You were right. Concerning you last sentence, I intend to apply now the fluid flow. My aim is to show that the heat from the gas will be used to react (chemically) with the silica glass and re-increase the temperature of the flow at the outlet. I am going step by step and will come over to you when I will stuck. Thanks again for your urge help on this forum My regards! -- A. Fopah Lele

Lele, Dipl.-Phys. & Msc.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年6月7日 GMT-4 04:39
Hi dear Ivar,

You know it's a pleasure to always exchange with you "Simulaters" about problems encourted.
Again I come over to you for this problem i don't understand...time step error.
Please need your help

--
A. Fopah Lele
Hi dear Ivar, You know it's a pleasure to always exchange with you "Simulaters" about problems encourted. Again I come over to you for this problem i don't understand...time step error. Please need your help -- A. Fopah Lele

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年6月7日 GMT-4 04:53
Hi

do NOT add a second physics HT2, but add a "Domain Heat Transfer in Solid" physics node in the first HT

Than will make your life far easier ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi do NOT add a second physics HT2, but add a "Domain Heat Transfer in Solid" physics node in the first HT Than will make your life far easier ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.