Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Heat transfer problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I want to simulate water (10°C) flow past an ice(0°C) cylinder and heat transfer at the interface between ice and water, so temperature of the water around the cylinder should decrease in all of its points, but I see weirdly that there are some points which have temperature even more than the initial temperature. It makes no sense.

PS: i run this in 2D, mesh=finer and during 10s with a 0.1s step time.

If someone could help me it would be very kind,

Thanks

2 Replies Last Post 2012年6月7日 GMT-4 04:59
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年6月7日 GMT-4 02:16
Hi

this is often due to wrong mesh densities related to the time stepping and the fluid heat diffusivity, ahve you checked the coherence of your mesh w.r.t. your physics ?

a mesh is as the "sampling" if you undersample a sound record you get weird notes out, the same for FEM

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi this is often due to wrong mesh densities related to the time stepping and the fluid heat diffusivity, ahve you checked the coherence of your mesh w.r.t. your physics ? a mesh is as the "sampling" if you undersample a sound record you get weird notes out, the same for FEM -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年6月7日 GMT-4 04:59
Thanks for your answer, i will check this right now.
Thanks for your answer, i will check this right now.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.