Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

interpolation function problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I got an issue I need solve very quick but I don't how to maage that problem.

Using heat transfer module I built up a modell only containing conductive heat transport. I have a quite large, 310 km × 280 km × 160 km block, the model is time dependent. As initial temperature values I built up a T(x,y,z) file, with four columns (x,y,z,T). The import of this file (10 MB) works well, comsol immiadetaly recognizes, it's 3 dimensional data, but after clickin on solve I got always the same error message:

mod1/sol1
Failed to load interpolation function file.

I sucessfully solved problems on the same geometry with smaller data files (around 1 MB), but it seems comsol can't handle a data file containint more than 311.000 data points.

Questions:

-Is there any data file limit using interpolation functions?
-If not, what could be the problem?
-How to solve it?

Thanks for all,
Donat

1 Reply Last Post 2012年6月8日 GMT-4 09:52
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年6月8日 GMT-4 09:52
Hi

for me you should contact "support" they are the only ones having the possibility to reply correctly

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi for me you should contact "support" they are the only ones having the possibility to reply correctly -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.