Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How can i set a lower and upper limit to a dependent variable in COMSOL.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am working on a diffusion problem, and want to limit the values of the species mass fraction (which is the dependent variable) between 0 and 1. Can someone tell me how this can be done? Thanks.

2 Replies Last Post 2021年7月8日 GMT-4 09:33
Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Posted: 3 years ago 2021年7月8日 GMT-4 09:10
Updated: 3 years ago 2021年7月8日 GMT-4 09:37

Hi,

If you switch to a segregated solver (choose Segregated from a Stationary Solver node, for example), you can then add Lower Limit and Upper Limit subnodes to limit the values of field variables (dependent variables) in the model.

Best regards,

Magnus Ringh

Hi, If you switch to a segregated solver (choose **Segregated** from a **Stationary Solver** node, for example), you can then add **Lower Limit** and **Upper Limit** subnodes to limit the values of field variables (dependent variables) in the model. Best regards, Magnus Ringh

Posted: 3 years ago 2021年7月8日 GMT-4 09:33

Hi,

If you switch to a segregated solver (choose Segregated from a Stationary Solver node, for example, you can then add Lower Limit and Upper Limit subnodes to limit the values of field variables (dependent variables) in the model.

Best regards,

Magnus Ringh

@Magnus Thank you very much for the prompt reply. That helped.

>Hi, > >If you switch to a segregated solver (choose **Segregated** from a **Stationary Solver** node, for example, you can then add **Lower Limit** and **Upper Limit** subnodes to limit the values of field variables (dependent variables) in the model. > >Best regards, > >Magnus Ringh @Magnus Thank you very much for the prompt reply. That helped.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.