Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Planar PCB Coil Question

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All, I'm currently trying to find examples or recieve help to complete a task of mine. I'm currently trying to take a planar PCB coil which its current is induced by an external magnetic field. Then find the load voltage out of that coil. The major issue I'm having is getting that current/coil induced by an external magnectic field.

Thanks, Mateo

3 Replies Last Post 2021年7月20日 GMT-4 16:43
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 3 years ago 2021年7月19日 GMT-4 19:37

I encourage you to post your .mph file to the forum so that others can examine it and offer their suggestions.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
I encourage you to post your .mph file to the forum so that others can examine it and offer their suggestions.

Posted: 3 years ago 2021年7月20日 GMT-4 09:35

Hi Mr. Koslover, Thank you for the reply. I have attached two different .mph files with this reply. The first one called coil_V2 contains a coil with multiple lyaers of coils, while version 3 file contains only one layer. When you open the file, youll notice that there is an air boundry but also version 2 has the coil within a pcb boundary as well to simulate a pcb layer. The coil on the left will recieve its current from the magnetic waves coming from the straight block that acts like a primary conductor that contains AC current.

Thanks to all who reply, Mateo

Hi Mr. Koslover, Thank you for the reply. I have attached two different .mph files with this reply. The first one called coil_V2 contains a coil with multiple lyaers of coils, while version 3 file contains only one layer. When you open the file, youll notice that there is an air boundry but also version 2 has the coil within a pcb boundary as well to simulate a pcb layer. The coil on the left will recieve its current from the magnetic waves coming from the straight block that acts like a primary conductor that contains AC current. Thanks to all who reply, Mateo

Posted: 3 years ago 2021年7月20日 GMT-4 16:43

I've been able to update the design and get some output, but its not perfect. Ive you got a moment to look and see how I can improve my design, let me know. Thanks, Mateo

I've been able to update the design and get some output, but its not perfect. Ive you got a moment to look and see how I can improve my design, let me know. Thanks, Mateo

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.