Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problems using logical expressions for "partly-coloured plot"

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

currently I try to deal with a "partly coloured plot" using the element selection mode, located in the general plot parameters.

I already studied the manual where an example for a logical expression is listed. Unfortunately COMSOL replies with an Syntax Error when I try to realize this example.

My intention is to plot a 2D Model where only a part is shown coloured.

For example: 0.1 < x < 0.3 and -0.1 < y < 0.1.

I also studied the logical expressions list in the users manual, without success.

An example:

In my case, plotting the logical expression "x > 0.1" works fine however the expression "x > 0.1 & y > 0.1" replies an error.

Anyone who could help me solving my problem?

1 Reply Last Post 2010年2月2日 GMT-5 07:22

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年2月2日 GMT-5 07:22
Problem solved!

For plotting an coloured area for example: 0.1 < x < 0.3 and 0.1 < y < 0.3 the correct logical expression is as follwed:

x > 0.1 && x < 0.3 && y > 0.1 && y < 0.3
Problem solved! For plotting an coloured area for example: 0.1 < x < 0.3 and 0.1 < y < 0.3 the correct logical expression is as follwed: x > 0.1 && x < 0.3 && y > 0.1 && y < 0.3

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.