Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Livelink for AutoCAD

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm using Comsol 4.2a and AutoCad 2010. When I connect them via LiveLink to import 3D geometry, comsol shows me:

"Failed to connect to AutoCAD. Please make sure AutoCAD is running."

I am using Windows 7.

Can anybody help me in this, please?

Thanks in advance.

Bashar

4 Replies Last Post 2012年6月24日 GMT-4 10:09

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年6月14日 GMT-4 05:18
Anybody can help PLEASE!
Anybody can help PLEASE!

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年6月14日 GMT-4 05:42
Hi,

I do not know if it can be useful...
I also use Windows 7.
You need to have AutoCAD running and open the project to be imported, and then you synchronize Comsol.

I hope to help you!
Chiara

Hi, I do not know if it can be useful... I also use Windows 7. You need to have AutoCAD running and open the project to be imported, and then you synchronize Comsol. I hope to help you! Chiara

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年6月14日 GMT-4 06:31
Hi Chiara

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I already did that, but it keeps giving me this error message:

"Failed to connect to AutoCAD. Please make sure AutoCAD is running."

I dont know where is the problem!
Hi Chiara Thanks for your reply. Actually, I already did that, but it keeps giving me this error message: "Failed to connect to AutoCAD. Please make sure AutoCAD is running." I dont know where is the problem!

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年6月24日 GMT-4 10:09
Solution from COMSOL knowledge support:

"AutoCAD LT does not support third party add-ins. To use the LiveLink interface you need the standard AutoCAD version."

Hope this helps.

Cheers.
Solution from COMSOL knowledge support: "AutoCAD LT does not support third party add-ins. To use the LiveLink interface you need the standard AutoCAD version." Hope this helps. Cheers.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.