Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Solid state diffusion in multilyaer coatings

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am new to comsol multiphysics. I am trying to model solid state diffusion (under Fick's law) in multilayer coated sample.I want to predict solid state diffusion across the various interfaces in the coated sample. Which physics module would be best to model solid-state diffusion? We currently have the Chemical Species Transport physics module. Is this module capable of solving for non-steady-state diffusion in solids (across the boundaries).In Comsol, how do I solve for user defined equations in a model? If I do not have the ideal module, how can I manually define equations (especially under Fick's law) for Comsol to solve?

Thank you!

1 Reply Last Post 2021年8月6日 GMT-4 11:23
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago 2021年8月6日 GMT-4 11:23

Hello Awais,

No need to use a user defined equation.

To solve Fick's law, in the Physics Builder, under Chemical Species Transport, select the Transport of Diluted Species interface. See the COMSOL Multiphysics Reference Manual, version 5.6, page 905 and following.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Awais, No need to use a user defined equation. To solve Fick's law, in the Physics Builder, under Chemical Species Transport, select the Transport of Diluted Species interface. See the COMSOL Multiphysics Reference Manual, version 5.6, page 905 and following. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.