Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Create Equation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

In COMSOL it's given the wave equation (file 1) - PDE waeq

but I want to use other form of this equation (see file 2)
this means I need to create or modify the equation in the COMSOL

how can I do that?

3 Replies Last Post 2013年6月8日 GMT-4 22:55
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年6月20日 GMT-4 16:15
Hi

I believe you should start rewriting your equation to match a PDE coefficient equation formulation, then use the PDE physics
Rather than modifying only one equation of a given pre-defined physics, as I'm not sure exactly if you should not then modify several of the predefined linked equations too

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I believe you should start rewriting your equation to match a PDE coefficient equation formulation, then use the PDE physics Rather than modifying only one equation of a given pre-defined physics, as I'm not sure exactly if you should not then modify several of the predefined linked equations too -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年4月5日 GMT-4 07:06
Hi Ivar,

I am also trying to modify the Anand's model of Viscoplasticity to suit my model. Do you advice me rewriting the whole equation or try to modify the equation? In case to modify, could you please help me as how can I modify it .

Pavan Kumar G
BITS Pilnai Hyderabad Campus
Hi Ivar, I am also trying to modify the Anand's model of Viscoplasticity to suit my model. Do you advice me rewriting the whole equation or try to modify the equation? In case to modify, could you please help me as how can I modify it . Pavan Kumar G BITS Pilnai Hyderabad Campus

Jânio Anselmo Engenharia Biomédica

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年6月8日 GMT-4 22:55
Hi Joquin Santos and Pavan Kumar Gurrala
Did you solve your problems? I need to do the same thing! If you can could help me?
Hi Joquin Santos and Pavan Kumar Gurrala Did you solve your problems? I need to do the same thing! If you can could help me?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.