Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

I am getting following error

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have used the library model in microfluidics area with laminar flow level set application mode.
original example is made in Axial symmetry 2d space and i have made the geometry in simple 2D plane
Rest everything is kept same.
But it gives me the following error

Exception:
com.femlab.jni.FlNativeException: Expression could not be evaluated

Stack trace:
at solvermodel.cpp, row 1386, ()
at com.femlab.solver.FlSolver.femTime(Native Method)
at com.femlab.solver.FemTime.run(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.server.FlRunner.run(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.util.i.run(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.util.aa.run(Unknown Source)

Can somebody help

Regards

Chattarbir Singh

1 Reply Last Post 2010年2月6日 GMT-5 06:19
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年2月6日 GMT-5 06:19
Hi

in the part of your message the expression name not evaluated is not mentionned, it could be further up or down in the error log.

One cause is if you use library material data that depend on "T" and "p" (or other variables) and you do not solve for these, you must nevertheless define them, in this case adding a constant

T=20[degC]
p=1[atm]

generally helps

Other times it's the initial values left at "0" for T and p if solved for that causes some surprises.

I do not have access to my COMSOL licence these days so I cannot check your model.

Good luck
Ivar
Hi in the part of your message the expression name not evaluated is not mentionned, it could be further up or down in the error log. One cause is if you use library material data that depend on "T" and "p" (or other variables) and you do not solve for these, you must nevertheless define them, in this case adding a constant T=20[degC] p=1[atm] generally helps Other times it's the initial values left at "0" for T and p if solved for that causes some surprises. I do not have access to my COMSOL licence these days so I cannot check your model. Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.