Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Multiphysics: RF Electromagnetic Waves under the influence of Magnetic Field Created by a Current Carrying Wire

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have a multiphysics problem. I can't figure out how to combine the two physics.

What I want to do is to solve RF EM waves (eigenfrequency) for a certain geometry (I prefer to use a torus therefore a 3D geometry) under the influence of a magnetic field created by a current carrying wire. I have the two physics (Magnetic Fields and Electromagnetic Waves) in my model. I can solve the two problems seperately, no problem.

But how can I make the EM Wave study to use the magnetic field created by the Magnetic Fields study in the solution?

Thanks.

1 Reply Last Post 2012年8月2日 GMT-4 08:44
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Huzeyfe Yilmaz

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年8月2日 GMT-4 08:44
Hello,

I am also experiencing some difficulties in combining two physics.
I am building a model for a SAW device.
I tested it using the "Piezoelectric Device" physics and I was able to see the admittance and other parameters.
Now, I want to obtain the S parameters. I introduced the "Electromagnetic Waves" physics and performed
some settings for it: added the ports and periodic conditions.

I started the simulations, but the parametric solver remains stuck around 20%.
Has any of you done this kind of simulation?
Do I need to operate some settings in order to get the two physics to work together?
Am I missing something?

Thank you,

Catalin B.
Hello, I am also experiencing some difficulties in combining two physics. I am building a model for a SAW device. I tested it using the "Piezoelectric Device" physics and I was able to see the admittance and other parameters. Now, I want to obtain the S parameters. I introduced the "Electromagnetic Waves" physics and performed some settings for it: added the ports and periodic conditions. I started the simulations, but the parametric solver remains stuck around 20%. Has any of you done this kind of simulation? Do I need to operate some settings in order to get the two physics to work together? Am I missing something? Thank you, Catalin B.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.