Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Discontinuity Shear Boundary Condition, Continuity velocity Boundary Condition

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear COMSOL users,

I would like to model the flow behaviour of an electrolyte (water) which passes along a porous media with a certain predefined velocity. So the fluid flow is parallel to the porous media. For the fluid flow I use a separate domain with the mixture model and for the porous media I use another domain with the Brinkmann equations. At the boundary of the porous media and the fluid (electrolyte) there is a continuity in velocity, but a discontinuity in shear. In order to couple these two different physics properly, I am only able to use the contuinty of the velocity, but nothing related to the shear. How am I able to model the discontinuity properly between these two different domains? ( I want to mimick the discontuity described in the paper of Kuznetsov 1996, Titel: Analytical Investigation of the Fluid Flow in the Interface Region between a PorousM edium and a Clear Fluid in Channels Partially Filled with a Porous Medium)

0 Replies Last Post 2021年11月17日 GMT-5 08:09
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mounir Roodenburg

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.