Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Way to speed up stopping of simulation? / way to keep COMSOL from disappearing after error?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello dear colleagues,

Currently I am working on a model for reversed combustion of biomass using an Equilibrium model based on Gibbs Free Energy for the gas reactions. I have made a connection with Matlab using livelink. Unfortunely sometimes things go wrong for unclear reasons.

When I want to stop the simulation, it often takes hours and hours while it is apparently doing nothing. Why?
How to force COMSOL to stop without losing the solution?

Also, it seems sometimes Matlab gets a vector containing only NaN's and the script I made can't return anything useful then. Instead of just stopping, COMSOL completely disappears entirely, not a trace left. WHY?
In the log it says it can't find the matlab function. This is not true, it just can't handle the crap from COMSOL.
Why is COMSOL and everything with it completely removed from memory? It there a way to prevent this?

Thanks and kind regards,

Ray

1 Reply Last Post 2016年3月30日 GMT-4 13:17
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Raymond Ruigbaard

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年3月30日 GMT-4 13:17
I would like to echo the first part of Ray's question.

I'm finding that cancelling some of my more advanced plots takes 5-10 minutes, longer than it would take to manually shut down and reboot the COMSOL application (or my computer for that matter) and start over. Is there an explanation for this behavior or a workaround? (other than rebooting the computer haha)
I would like to echo the first part of Ray's question. I'm finding that cancelling some of my more advanced plots takes 5-10 minutes, longer than it would take to manually shut down and reboot the COMSOL application (or my computer for that matter) and start over. Is there an explanation for this behavior or a workaround? (other than rebooting the computer haha)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.