Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Dimensionless parameter in expression of X axis on 2D line graph

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,

Merry Christmas!

I want to plot a 2D line graph that temperature profile along the boundary of 2D cross-section of an airfoil. I set temperature T as Y axis, and for the x axis, I want to set an dimensionless parameter (=arc length/chord).

I tried to set "s2" (the description shows it is a surface parameter) as the x axis though I actually don't know what it means, it seems close to what I want but not correct as well. Then, I tried "s2/c1"(a global parameter c1 has been defined as the chord length) and the default unit changed to "1/m", there is a little change in the line graph and nearly the same to "s2" case.

So, how should I set the expression of x axis? What does "s2" mean? Thank you very much.

P.S. my model is 3D airfoil and the chord length is 914.44mm.

Regards,

Susan

0 Replies Last Post 2021年12月24日 GMT-5 22:05
COMSOL Moderator

Hello SUsan

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.