Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

NdFeB or other permanent magnet material

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,
I can not find any permanent magnet material in Material library ?
Thanks

3 Replies Last Post 2012年7月17日 GMT-4 01:30
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年7月16日 GMT-4 14:34
Hi

I mostly define an "Amper laws physics" node(s) for my magnet(s) with a magnetisation value of about the Hc value. This seems so far to give decent results for high quality linear rare earth type magnets, and not too close to the Curie temperature

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I mostly define an "Amper laws physics" node(s) for my magnet(s) with a magnetisation value of about the Hc value. This seems so far to give decent results for high quality linear rare earth type magnets, and not too close to the Curie temperature -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年7月16日 GMT-4 17:23
Thank you for the answer. Yes we can define magnet as your answer.
But, there are many types of permanent magnets with different permeability, conductivity, temperature, etc...
And, I want to define permanent magnet as material with the name of the matrial as NdFeBr and samarium cobalt, etc..
Is it possible to customise the permanent magnet materials with cited above parameters and others
Thanks
Kamel Boughrara
Thank you for the answer. Yes we can define magnet as your answer. But, there are many types of permanent magnets with different permeability, conductivity, temperature, etc... And, I want to define permanent magnet as material with the name of the matrial as NdFeBr and samarium cobalt, etc.. Is it possible to customise the permanent magnet materials with cited above parameters and others Thanks Kamel Boughrara

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年7月17日 GMT-4 01:30
Hi

I believe so, but I must admit I have never tried.

You can define a saturated iron (see the material DB) then you should also be able to define a Temperature and field dependent magnetisation

It would be nice indeed to have more examples of hysteresis curve type material properties in COMSOL, so if you progress in this field, pls publish it here too, as I'm sure that is of interest for many of us out here ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I believe so, but I must admit I have never tried. You can define a saturated iron (see the material DB) then you should also be able to define a Temperature and field dependent magnetisation It would be nice indeed to have more examples of hysteresis curve type material properties in COMSOL, so if you progress in this field, pls publish it here too, as I'm sure that is of interest for many of us out here ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.