Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

More parameters in Global Definitions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I doing an acoustic simulation with Comsol (acoustic room). I would have more studies for the same geometry model in the same file. So I adding in Global Definitions two list of parameters (Parameters 1 and Parameters 2) with very different type of data. With Study 1 I use Parameters 1, while with Study 2 I should use Parameters 2 only. How can I link Parameters 2 with Study 2 instead Parameters 1? Thank you.

2 Replies Last Post 2022年2月14日 GMT-5 10:48
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 years ago 2022年2月10日 GMT-5 11:56

Jessica,

a manual way to do that might be to have the two lists Parameter1 and Parameter2 with identical parameter names inside each. When running study 1 you disable Parameter2, when running study 2 you disable Parameter1.

In case you want to do it fully automtically you will need to add some little JAVA code in model methods.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Jessica, a manual way to do that might be to have the two lists Parameter1 and Parameter2 with identical parameter names inside each. When running study 1 you disable Parameter2, when running study 2 you disable Parameter1. In case you want to do it fully automtically you will need to add some little JAVA code in model methods. Cheers Edgar

Barry Ren Imaging physics

Posted: 2 years ago 2022年2月14日 GMT-5 10:48

great to learn this trick!

great to learn this trick!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.