Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

The Heat capacity at constant pressure of materials is defined by interpolation function

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I am using interpolation functions to define the Heat capacity at constant pressure of materials. The specific heat capacity of a material varies with temperature. But the call to this function (heat_cp) always shows yellow and says: unknown variable heat_cp. However, I checked that the units of the function were J/(kg*K) and did not forget the definition. How can I correct this mistake. Any help would be helpful.

2 Replies Last Post 2022年3月1日 GMT-5 20:20
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 2 years ago 2022年3月1日 GMT-5 12:05

Hello Haha,

If the error message says "unknown variable", that suggests to me that you may not have called the function with arguments, leading the software to think it is a variable instead of the function that it is.

Your function call should look something like this:

heat_cp(T)

if T is the temperature.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Haha, If the error message says "unknown variable", that suggests to me that you may not have called the function with arguments, leading the software to think it is a variable instead of the function that it is. Your function call should look something like this: heat_cp(T) if T is the temperature. Best, Jeff

Posted: 2 years ago 2022年3月1日 GMT-5 20:20

Hi Jeff Thank you for your suggestion. It helped.

Best regards to you.

Haha

Hi Jeff Thank you for your suggestion. It helped. Best regards to you. Haha

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.