Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Can we couple RF module to Piezoelectric multiphysics?

Min Northeastern University/Antenna Design

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I wonder if there are any tutorials or simulation guides about this topic.

The simulation I want to do is like this.

1. RF module: a Flouquet port excitation or RF beam generation from a converntional antenna
  2. The EM wave generated from COMSOL RF module excitation then results in fields or current distribution changes in a piezoelectric device
  3. AC/DC module is then coupled with the solid mechanics module through Piezoelectric multiphysics.

As far as I know, now we can only couple AC/DC module and solid mechanics module directly thorugh Piezoelectric multiphysics setup.

Is the thing I stated above feasible? If yes, what modules do I need to have?

-------------------
Min-Gyo Jeong

1 Reply Last Post 2022年4月7日 GMT-4 06:02
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Min

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago 2022年4月7日 GMT-4 06:02

You can always import the data from other solutions into a different simulation using withsol('sol1', emw.Ez) for example. Depending on how you want to integrate the data you might consider the background electric field as an input for your other simulation. The simulation will not be coupled but you can go from one domain to the next assuming there is no complicated interaction.

You can always import the data from other solutions into a different simulation using withsol('sol1', emw.Ez) for example. Depending on how you want to integrate the data you might consider the background electric field as an input for your other simulation. The simulation will not be coupled but you can go from one domain to the next assuming there is no complicated interaction.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.