Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How can I export the pre-processing file from Comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I should to transfer the elettromagnetic results (Lorentz's forces) from Comsol to the structural analysis in Ansys.

The problem is that i dont want the nodal forces, but the distribution of the forces on the object (2D other 3D geometry) in a general point, is a distribution independent of the mesh. I should "mapping" the "field"(the spatial distribution of the forces on the object).

Comsol make this in the case of multiphysic study, for exemple if I aplly the Lorentz's forces, calculated on the elettromagnetic study (mf.FLtrz, axial force), on the structural study as a "body load". The two study are two differents mesh, in my case. Comsol apply the correct force on the correct element, because Comsol know the forces distribution and it apply this distibution on the structural mesh, since the distibution is independent of the mesh. I should know how Comsol make this, and i could use it for trasfer the lorentz's forces distribution from Comsol to Ansys (structural) in a readable format from Ansys (for exemple, .dat, .txt, .meshdat,.....).

This distibution is present on the pre-processing file (EM study ready, Structural study ready), why Comsol should know the distribution to apply an the structural mesh.

Thank's

P.S the pre-processing file is the file before compute the study, in this case before i compute the structural study.

1 Reply Last Post 2014年8月5日 GMT-4 03:11
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Salvatore Iovieno

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年8月5日 GMT-4 03:11
Hi Salvatore Iovieno,

Did you ever figure this out? I am trying to do a very similar thing.

Thanks,
Hi Salvatore Iovieno, Did you ever figure this out? I am trying to do a very similar thing. Thanks,

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.