Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Adding new source term into predefined equation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all

Please tell me how edit or how to add new term in predefined equation in any physics

1 Reply Last Post 2022年3月29日 GMT-4 10:48
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago 2022年3月29日 GMT-4 10:48
Updated: 2 years ago 2022年3月29日 GMT-4 15:15

In many physics there is a source term available in the expected Physics branch of the model tree in the Model Builder. Its name will depend on the physics in question; for instance in the Heat Transfer in Solids physics, the volumetric source term is called "Heat Source", the boundary source term is called "Heat Flux", etc. I presume that you already looked there though. If so, the answer to your question depends on what term you want to add to which predefined equation. Please provide more details.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
In many physics there is a source term available in the expected Physics branch of the model tree in the Model Builder. Its name will depend on the physics in question; for instance in the Heat Transfer in Solids physics, the volumetric source term is called "Heat Source", the boundary source term is called "Heat Flux", etc. I presume that you already looked there though. If so, the answer to your question depends on what term you want to add to which predefined equation. Please provide more details. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.