Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

PML with structural mechanics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to use a PML with my model. The model uses solids and shells in the structural mechanics. The PML is around a solid block on five sides. However when I attempt to solve I get the error Duplicate variable names for a large list of shell variables (see attached). Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong. Thanks.

3 Replies Last Post 2014年3月9日 GMT-4 03:02
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年8月2日 GMT-4 14:33
Hi

that looks very weird you must ahve managed to define domains double up, but one cannot tell how, just like that. Try to find a similar model in the model library and read through the doc, then try to recreate your model from scratch, that is the best I can propose ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi that looks very weird you must ahve managed to define domains double up, but one cannot tell how, just like that. Try to find a similar model in the model library and read through the doc, then try to recreate your model from scratch, that is the best I can propose ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年8月3日 GMT-4 05:50
Thanks Ivar. I started from scratch and defined the solid mechanics physics before the shell physics and this time it worked.
Thanks Ivar. I started from scratch and defined the solid mechanics physics before the shell physics and this time it worked.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年3月9日 GMT-4 03:02
Hi Ivar

I want to use PML simulate a model, but I do not know how to set PML when change the air by water. I have looked many model in the Model Library ,all the environment they used is air ,I want to use water environment , could I use PML as they used without any change ? Or what need to change ?

Thank you!

Weiguang
Hi Ivar I want to use PML simulate a model, but I do not know how to set PML when change the air by water. I have looked many model in the Model Library ,all the environment they used is air ,I want to use water environment , could I use PML as they used without any change ? Or what need to change ? Thank you! Weiguang

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.