Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Saving probe tables in a parametric study

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am using several probes to plot and also write the data to a table during solving. With the new version, since we have the option to save the table in the model and as a separate file as well, I am using that option. In this way, as the model is running, the probe data are being saved to a text file.

However, when I use parametric sweep in my analysis, as it finishes running for a parameter and switches to the next one, the former probe table file is overwritten. Is there a way to save each of these probe table data for different parameters in separate files?

Thanks.
--
Tolga

6 Replies Last Post 2017年3月12日 GMT-4 05:44

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年8月3日 GMT-4 00:44
I managed to find the answer by myself.

For those who are interested, just create a new table and set the storage to 'In model and on file'. Make sure you set the file name to be saved. Then, under the parametric sweep node in the study, there is an option to create an 'Accumulated probe table', which is located in 'Output While Solving' section. Enable this option, select the table you created as the output table and enable 'Use all probes' as well.

Hope it helps.

--
Tolga
I managed to find the answer by myself. For those who are interested, just create a new table and set the storage to 'In model and on file'. Make sure you set the file name to be saved. Then, under the parametric sweep node in the study, there is an option to create an 'Accumulated probe table', which is located in 'Output While Solving' section. Enable this option, select the table you created as the output table and enable 'Use all probes' as well. Hope it helps. -- Tolga

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年9月1日 GMT-4 09:09

For those who are interested, just create a new table and set the storage to 'In model and on file'. Make sure you set the file name to be saved. Then, under the parametric sweep node in the study, there is an option to create an 'Accumulated probe table', which is located in 'Output While Solving' section. Enable this option, select the table you created as the output table and enable 'Use all probes' as well.

Hope it helps.

--
Tolga

Dear Tolga

I trying to do what you have written here. I created a new table under table node. But I do not understand what do you mean by, " set the storage to 'In model and on file'. Make sure you set the file name to be saved." Rest I am able to find. Please tell me.

Thanks
Deepak
[QUOTE] I managed to find the answer by myself. For those who are interested, just create a new table and set the storage to 'In model and on file'. Make sure you set the file name to be saved. Then, under the parametric sweep node in the study, there is an option to create an 'Accumulated probe table', which is located in 'Output While Solving' section. Enable this option, select the table you created as the output table and enable 'Use all probes' as well. Hope it helps. -- Tolga [/QUOTE] Dear Tolga I trying to do what you have written here. I created a new table under table node. But I do not understand what do you mean by, " set the storage to 'In model and on file'. Make sure you set the file name to be saved." Rest I am able to find. Please tell me. Thanks Deepak

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年9月1日 GMT-4 16:21

Hope it helps.

--
Tolga

Dear Tolga

I trying to do what you have written here. I created a new table under table node. But I do not understand what do you mean by, " set the storage to 'In model and on file'. Make sure you set the file name to be saved." Rest I am able to find. Please tell me.

Thanks
Deepak

Deepak,

After you have created the table, activate it on the model builder. You can set the storage using the Table options window. Change 'Store table' to 'In model and on file'. Screenshot attached.

Hope it helps.

--
Tolga
[QUOTE] [QUOTE] I managed to find the answer by myself. For those who are interested, just create a new table and set the storage to 'In model and on file'. Make sure you set the file name to be saved. Then, under the parametric sweep node in the study, there is an option to create an 'Accumulated probe table', which is located in 'Output While Solving' section. Enable this option, select the table you created as the output table and enable 'Use all probes' as well. Hope it helps. -- Tolga [/QUOTE] Dear Tolga I trying to do what you have written here. I created a new table under table node. But I do not understand what do you mean by, " set the storage to 'In model and on file'. Make sure you set the file name to be saved." Rest I am able to find. Please tell me. Thanks Deepak [/QUOTE] Deepak, After you have created the table, activate it on the model builder. You can set the storage using the Table options window. Change 'Store table' to 'In model and on file'. Screenshot attached. Hope it helps. -- Tolga

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年9月25日 GMT-4 04:31
Hi Tolga,

I have a seemingly siilar problem. (using comsol 4.2a) My parametric study on a time dependent problem outputs the desired parameters and values to the "accumulated probe table", howoever it seems to have a maximum size, and only keeps the last 10000 lines.

However, the screenshot you posted has the "storage" field, which I can't find. Are you maybe using 4.3?
Hi Tolga, I have a seemingly siilar problem. (using comsol 4.2a) My parametric study on a time dependent problem outputs the desired parameters and values to the "accumulated probe table", howoever it seems to have a maximum size, and only keeps the last 10000 lines. However, the screenshot you posted has the "storage" field, which I can't find. Are you maybe using 4.3?

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年6月1日 GMT-4 05:10

Hope it helps.

--
Tolga

Dear Tolga Ozudogru,

Is it possible to form a table and export all the electromagnetic fields(ex, ey, ez, hx, hy, hz) from the Mode Analysis study of the RF module of Comsol 5.1? When I tried your method I noticed that the file generated for the table and the table in the COMSOL GUI was empty.
[QUOTE] I managed to find the answer by myself. For those who are interested, just create a new table and set the storage to 'In model and on file'. Make sure you set the file name to be saved. Then, under the parametric sweep node in the study, there is an option to create an 'Accumulated probe table', which is located in 'Output While Solving' section. Enable this option, select the table you created as the output table and enable 'Use all probes' as well. Hope it helps. -- Tolga [/QUOTE] Dear Tolga Ozudogru, Is it possible to form a table and export all the electromagnetic fields(ex, ey, ez, hx, hy, hz) from the Mode Analysis study of the RF module of Comsol 5.1? When I tried your method I noticed that the file generated for the table and the table in the COMSOL GUI was empty.

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年3月12日 GMT-4 05:44

Thanks for reporting your finding Olga. It's useful
--
Tarkes Dora
Thanks for reporting your finding Olga. It's useful -- Tarkes Dora

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.