Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Dealing with mesh at sharp boundaries

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Please find attached an example of the problem I am referring too.

Both the boundary layers at either side of the point are necessary to deal with steep concentration gradients present. Now, as can be seen this small corner is in fact very small, and also very sharp. Therefore, when the mesh meets at the corner, the quality is very poor.

I tried some of the options detailed in previous forums (e.g. trimming and so on) but I could not resolve the mesh here. Maybe I am implementing them incorrectly.

Was wondering if anyone could provide some tips on improving mesh quality at such a location.

Kind regards, Alistair

0 Replies Last Post 2022年4月21日 GMT-4 07:54
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Alistair McQueen

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.