Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

complete elliptic integral

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everybody,

I need to compute the complete elliptic integral of first kind and of second kind in a complex Comsol model. I didn't find these functions in the mathematical functions page of the documentation. Is there another way to use them in Comsol 4.2?

Thanks a lot

Karl

3 Replies Last Post 2012年8月14日 GMT-4 01:45

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年8月13日 GMT-4 22:39
And I need these function not in post processing but in the calculation as variable definition.
Thanks

Karl
And I need these function not in post processing but in the calculation as variable definition. Thanks Karl

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年8月14日 GMT-4 01:28
Hi
I'm not sure they exist as user accesible operators, but cant you add an ODE and have COMSOL intergate them ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I'm not sure they exist as user accesible operators, but cant you add an ODE and have COMSOL intergate them ? -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年8月14日 GMT-4 01:45
Hi,

Thanks for your answer. Yes I should be able to solve a system of differential equation to get them, but it's an ugly non-linear system(for example on this page en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliptic_integral). I don't think ODE will manage this. What do you suggest to calculate them? 1-D week form pde maybe? Are you sure this will work properly?
I will need them for a lot of calculation...
Hi, Thanks for your answer. Yes I should be able to solve a system of differential equation to get them, but it's an ugly non-linear system(for example on this page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliptic_integral). I don't think ODE will manage this. What do you suggest to calculate them? 1-D week form pde maybe? Are you sure this will work properly? I will need them for a lot of calculation...

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.