Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Exporting data for multiple Cut planes

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I'm modeling a mixer and I would like to export concentration profiles at different cut-planes along the channel. I can do a single cut plane export with:
Defining: Data Sets -> Cut Plane - then...
... Export -> Data -> Data set -> Output...

How can I do the same for multiple cut planes - when I try to use the same procedure (under Data Sets -> Cut Plane ...) defining multiple Cut planes via 'Additional parallel planes' options it doesn't work. For the concentrations I get only NaN-s.

Thank you in advance for your generous help!
Izidor

3 Replies Last Post 2015年3月13日 GMT-4 10:26

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年8月21日 GMT-4 06:09
If anybody knows how do this, please help.
It will save a lot of time, so I don't have to do it manually, Cut Plane, by Cut Plane.

I'm very much grateful for any help...
If anybody knows how do this, please help. It will save a lot of time, so I don't have to do it manually, Cut Plane, by Cut Plane. I'm very much grateful for any help...

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年1月10日 GMT-5 14:42
Did anyone ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue.

I used "additional parallel planes" to make about 100 planes, I want the average of each discretely, however it just takes a lump average of all of them.

As you can imagine the other way would be TEDIOUS!
Did anyone ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue. I used "additional parallel planes" to make about 100 planes, I want the average of each discretely, however it just takes a lump average of all of them. As you can imagine the other way would be TEDIOUS!

Yogesh Kumar Murugesan

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年3月13日 GMT-4 10:26
I know years since the questions have been posted. Just thought of posting the answer for anybody who might have the same question in the future.

Comsol blog has posted a solution the problem recently.
www.comsol.com/blogs/maximum-evaluations-on-parallel-sections/
I know years since the questions have been posted. Just thought of posting the answer for anybody who might have the same question in the future. Comsol blog has posted a solution the problem recently. http://www.comsol.com/blogs/maximum-evaluations-on-parallel-sections/

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.