Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

integration points

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
I need to extract the value of a parameter with in an element. I studied in one of the forum that I can do that by using gauss integration points while exporting the data. But How and where I can find that option????......

3 Replies Last Post 2014年3月9日 GMT-4 09:15

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年8月22日 GMT-4 07:03
Hi,

Yes you can do this. Please see the API manual.

Once you export the model to matlab or if you run the program in matlab, you can type the following command to extract integration point values of a parameter. I show an example below:

pd=mpheval(model,{'P1','P2', 'P3'},'pattern','gauss');

So pd.d1, pd.d2 and pd.d3 will contain integration point values of P1, P2 and P3, respectively. You can also likewise find commands in the API manual how to extract co-ordinates of integration points if you want.

Suresh
Hi, Yes you can do this. Please see the API manual. Once you export the model to matlab or if you run the program in matlab, you can type the following command to extract integration point values of a parameter. I show an example below: pd=mpheval(model,{'P1','P2', 'P3'},'pattern','gauss'); So pd.d1, pd.d2 and pd.d3 will contain integration point values of P1, P2 and P3, respectively. You can also likewise find commands in the API manual how to extract co-ordinates of integration points if you want. Suresh

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年8月27日 GMT-4 23:08
hi suresh
thank you.
hi suresh thank you.

Polepalli Siva Krishna

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年3月9日 GMT-4 09:15
Hello sir,

i have to do surface integration of two outputs , which are having the same geometry and mesh
plese see my attachment
Hello sir, i have to do surface integration of two outputs , which are having the same geometry and mesh plese see my attachment

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.