Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Solving Self - Consistent Schrodinger and Poisson with MATLAB and COMSOL LiveLink.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm a COMSOL 4.2a user. I need to solve 2D self-consistent Schrodinger and Poisson equation. Thus, I need to feed the potential values and the wavefunctions to the Schrodinger and Poisson equations as argument and solve iteratively.

The thing I need to know, how can I feed the updated the wavefunction and potential values as argument iteratively in my model? I have livelink with MATLAB and I intend to solve the problem inside a loop (i.e. Calling one models while passing the result of another as argument). I have solved the models with PDE solver but cant do it iteratively with LiveLink.

One more thing, is it possible to access the results directly from MATLAB and thus use them as variable ( though a class of course) from MATLAB for post-processing, like we get the solution matrix in MATLAB?

--
Thanks
Mehedi

2 Replies Last Post 2014年9月24日 GMT-4 23:52
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mehedi Hasan

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年11月1日 GMT-4 12:26
Oh! I've found the solution myself at last!! The User Guide gives a clear idea about the very solution I was looking for. For those, who gonna face the same problem like me, I would like to refer them to have a look on the User Guide for LL Chapter 2.

Exporting variable issue is also discussed in the Used Guide. And FYI, a nice thread regarding exporting variable: damme7.zahooga.com/browser.php?indx=4878621&item=1

I hope, the thread is resolved.

--
Cheers
M Hasan
Oh! I've found the solution myself at last!! The User Guide gives a clear idea about the very solution I was looking for. For those, who gonna face the same problem like me, I would like to refer them to have a look on the User Guide for LL Chapter 2. Exporting variable issue is also discussed in the Used Guide. And FYI, a nice thread regarding exporting variable: http://damme7.zahooga.com/browser.php?indx=4878621&item=1 I hope, the thread is resolved. -- Cheers M Hasan

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年9月24日 GMT-4 23:52
Hi Mehedi.
I also work with Solving Self - Consistent Schrodinger and Poisson with MATLAB and COMSOL LiveLink.As you say ,the thing I need to know, how can I feed the updated the wavefunction and potential values as argument iteratively in my model?
Could you please tell me something details about the functions in the matlab and COMSOL LiveLInk to
feed the updated the wavefunction and potential values as argument.
Thank you!
shan .
Hi Mehedi. I also work with Solving Self - Consistent Schrodinger and Poisson with MATLAB and COMSOL LiveLink.As you say ,the thing I need to know, how can I feed the updated the wavefunction and potential values as argument iteratively in my model? Could you please tell me something details about the functions in the matlab and COMSOL LiveLInk to feed the updated the wavefunction and potential values as argument. Thank you! shan .

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.