Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

perfect conductor boundary conditions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I want to apply symmetric boundary conditions. is it possible to use perfect boundary conditions for the symmetery

1 Reply Last Post 2022年11月5日 GMT-4 16:22
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 year ago 2022年11月5日 GMT-4 16:22

Yes, it is possible and also often very straightforward to do. I often use perfect conductor boundary conditions in RF problems, often on symmetry boundaries. Sometimes I use PECs (perfect electric conductors) and sometime PMCs (perfect magnetic conductors), depending on the physics to be modeled. If you have a more specific question or need help with a specific physics model, I encourage you to post your .mph file to the forum, along with additional details of what you are trying to model.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Yes, it is possible and also often very straightforward to do. I often use perfect conductor boundary conditions in RF problems, often on symmetry boundaries. Sometimes I use PECs (perfect electric conductors) and sometime PMCs (perfect magnetic conductors), depending on the physics to be modeled. If you have a more specific question or need help with a specific physics model, I encourage you to post your .mph file to the forum, along with additional details of what you are trying to model.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.