Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Electromagnetic field simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello! Please help me with electromagnetic field simulation. I appriciate any help! I have two wires, the first one is active, the second one is passive. I need to reserch the influence of the active wire to the passive one.

What I do:
1. Select 3D-AC/DC mode-Magnetic and Electric Fields- Stationary
2. Create two cylinders (copper) in the block (air)
3. Select Surface Current for the active wire and Perfect Magnetic Conductor for the passive wire

The difficulties:
1. I am not sure that I have selected the necessary mode
2. I need to start up the alterning current in the active wire (sin). How can I do that?
3. There is the Magnetic Insulation property in Magnetic and Electric Fields mode. Where can I use it? For what figgure?

That you very much in advance!

1 Reply Last Post 2012年9月20日 GMT-4 02:40

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年9月20日 GMT-4 02:40
Hey there,

a number of things to doubt with your model:

1) as you explain the problem, 2D might be enough - consider that
2) in case your second wire is out of copper (as you wrote), it is NOT a perfect magnetic conductor
3) if you want a current in the first wire, surface current DENSITY might be the correct boundary condition
4) you can simulate AC problems by selecting a frequency domain study

Hope you get your model fixed...
Hey there, a number of things to doubt with your model: 1) as you explain the problem, 2D might be enough - consider that 2) in case your second wire is out of copper (as you wrote), it is NOT a perfect magnetic conductor 3) if you want a current in the first wire, surface current DENSITY might be the correct boundary condition 4) you can simulate AC problems by selecting a frequency domain study Hope you get your model fixed...

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.