Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Unable to view material properties

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Sir,
I am unable to view the properties of certain materials. Ex silicone.
When i run the simulation using silicone it works perfectly indicating that the material has inbuilt properties but since i am unable to view them i cannot ascertain if the material properties are correct. It would be of great help if you can tell me how I can view the values.
Thanking you in advance,
Vijay.

1 Reply Last Post 2012年10月2日 GMT-4 14:45
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年10月2日 GMT-4 14:45
Hi

normally you have a plot function for the "functional" material parameters, but you need to go to the "function definition" of the material "sub node". Note that the units do not appear in the graphs so you need to go back to the main material node to check the units there

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi normally you have a plot function for the "functional" material parameters, but you need to go to the "function definition" of the material "sub node". Note that the units do not appear in the graphs so you need to go back to the main material node to check the units there -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.