Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

What is the best physics to fit to this problem?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have a model consisting of 3 components. The geometry is a rectangular structure (r1) where a laminar flow flows. Inside the r1, I would like have another rectangle (r2) with size width and length but half the thickness. r2 suppose to be a non-newtonian viscoelastic fluid. Under r2 I have solid structures (s1). I would like to see how the flow in r1 effects s1 while r2 is in between. Basically, the transfer of shear to the s2 caused by r1 flow.

I tried to have two laminar flows for r1 and r2 and structural mechanics for s1. However, I am not sure how accurate this is and I could not form a connection between the two laminar flows. Any suggestions for how I could improve this model will be most welcome.

Best,

0 Replies Last Post 2023年2月27日 GMT-5 07:30
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ibrahim

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.