Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Add curvature to a Work Plane

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have a Heater prototype modelled in a Work plane (2D) while working on a 3D geometry. I would like to project the Work Plane onto the cylinder that one can see from the attached figure below. Equivalently, removing the cylinder, what I really need to do is just to add a given radius of curvature (the same radius of the cylinder) to the Work Plane. I do not know whether that is possible to do or maybe if I should build this in a different way.

Kind regards, Daniel S.

3 Replies Last Post 2023年3月8日 GMT-5 13:34
Acculution ApS Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 year ago 2023年3月7日 GMT-5 12:44

When you say project, do you mean that the small curvature should wrap around the cylinder?

-------------------
René Christensen, PhD
Acculution ApS
www.acculution.com
info@acculution.com
When you say project, do you mean that the small curvature should wrap around the cylinder?

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 year ago 2023年3月8日 GMT-5 08:40

Hello Daniel,

See my response to Austin in this very old thread. You could perhaps create the 3D object to intersect with your cylinder by extruding (with a scaling) the shape you've already drawn in a workplane.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Daniel, See my response to Austin in [this very old thread](https://www.comsol.com/forum/thread/15263/how-to-draw-a-circle-on-a-surface-of-a-block-in-3d-geometry-view-comsol-4-1?last=2017-04-21T05:55:04Z). You could perhaps create the 3D object to intersect with your cylinder by extruding (with a scaling) the shape you've already drawn in a workplane. Best, Jeff

Walter Frei COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 year ago 2023年3月8日 GMT-5 13:34
Updated: 1 year ago 2023年3月9日 GMT-5 07:18

Here is an alternative approach: https://www.comsol.com/blogs/wrapping-and-warping-geometries-for-analysis-in-comsol/ This might be useful for your needs.

Here is an alternative approach: This might be useful for your needs.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.