Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Implementing mode tracking in eigenfrequency analysis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The below post is related to an archived discussion

I have a similar query as the discussion above. I am simulating the dispersion relations of an elastic solid. I want to filter out modes in my 1D plot, e.g., show only flexural modes. To do this, I want to apply a filter subnode to my 1D Global plot node. What expression should I use in my filter node?

I am unable to access variables like u,v,w. Kindly advise.

Thank you, Mohit.

1 Reply Last Post 2023年4月24日 GMT-4 07:44
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 year ago 2023年4月24日 GMT-4 07:44

For a simple case, you can probably deduce it directly from the modal participation factors.

For more complicated cases, you have to set up integration coupling operators, where you create some type of measure based on domain integrals of the mode shapes.

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
For a simple case, you can probably deduce it directly from the modal participation factors. For more complicated cases, you have to set up integration coupling operators, where you create some type of measure based on domain integrals of the mode shapes.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.