Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to display current density in thin metallic layer difined by transition boundary condition

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi to all,

I'm working with the RF module to simulate response of metamaterial which consists of split ring resonator (SRR). The SRR is made of thin metallic layer. To model the layer within Comsol I'm using the Transition boundary condition.
I want to know current density in thin metallic layer. Here there are some questions:

I succeeded computing transmittance (emw.S21) and the results was good agreement with my experimental results. It was good. But Current densities do not appears. Do you have idea on how to display current densities?

Thanks for the answers.

A.I.

2 Replies Last Post 2012年11月6日 GMT-5 08:35
Ulf Olin COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年11月5日 GMT-5 08:48
Hi,

But Current densities do not appears. Do you have idea on how to display current densities?

The norm of the surface current densities on the two sides of the Transition Boundary Condition are called emw.normJs1 and emw.normJs2, respectively. You also find the surface current density components as emw.Js1[x,y,z] and emw.Js2[x,y,z]. These entries are available under "Currents and charge" in the plot menu.

Best regards,

Ulf
Hi, [QUOTE] But Current densities do not appears. Do you have idea on how to display current densities? [/QUOTE] The norm of the surface current densities on the two sides of the Transition Boundary Condition are called emw.normJs1 and emw.normJs2, respectively. You also find the surface current density components as emw.Js1[x,y,z] and emw.Js2[x,y,z]. These entries are available under "Currents and charge" in the plot menu. Best regards, Ulf

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年11月6日 GMT-5 08:35
Thank you for replying.
I could resolve my problem.
Thank you for replying. I could resolve my problem.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.