Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

solving helmholtz equation

Arasu Electromagnetic Nondestructive Evaluation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I wish to solve Helmholtz equation for an Axi-symmetric geometry.
The problem geometry consists of a excitation source a tube and air box (all rectangles).
Is it possible in equation based modeling?.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Arasu

3 Replies Last Post 2012年11月19日 GMT-5 04:59

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年11月16日 GMT-5 12:30
Hello

You find it in Mathematics > Classical PDEs.

Jesus.
Hello You find it in Mathematics > Classical PDEs. Jesus.

Arasu Electromagnetic Nondestructive Evaluation

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年11月19日 GMT-5 03:34
Dear Jesus,

Thanks very much for your reply. In face I used it and found the following problems:

1) Axial symmetry boundary condition does not exist (Does it mean it is implicitly done)
2) The problem has three sub domains and the PDE coefficients (c,f and a) could not be set independently for each of these sub domains.

Look forward to your assistance.

Thirunavukkarasu

Dear Jesus, Thanks very much for your reply. In face I used it and found the following problems: 1) Axial symmetry boundary condition does not exist (Does it mean it is implicitly done) 2) The problem has three sub domains and the PDE coefficients (c,f and a) could not be set independently for each of these sub domains. Look forward to your assistance. Thirunavukkarasu

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年11月19日 GMT-5 04:59
Hello, Thirunavukkarasu

I have tried, and have had no problem in 4.2a. Have you started by "2D axisymmetric" Geometry?
If you have no success, you can attach your model, or better the simplest version of it.

Jesus.
Hello, Thirunavukkarasu I have tried, and have had no problem in 4.2a. Have you started by "2D axisymmetric" Geometry? If you have no success, you can attach your model, or better the simplest version of it. Jesus.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.