Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Access to a local stiffness matrix - possible modification of the gloobal matrix assembling process

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I´d like to kindly ask you if you could tell me, if there exists a way how to ge the access to the global stiffness matrix assembling process in order to make some modifications. I don´t want to go much into details, just need to go further inside, not only getting the global stiffness matrix (or any other matrix possibly).

To be a bit more precise:

there´s a loop throughout all the finite elements

for 1:1:num_elems
create local matrix
"I want to get here..."
put the local matrix into global
end

I just need to be able to get into this loop and fiddle with those local matrices etc. I would be very grateful for any comments, tricks, ideas or even better, the solution. (Does it make any difference using 4.2a or higher version?)

Thank you and have a nice day!

Hrtus Rostislav, The Czech Republic

0 Replies Last Post 2012年12月11日 GMT-5 02:19
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Rostislav Hrtus

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.