Temperature difference boundary condition

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I want to define a boundary condition in which there is a constant value for the temperature difference of two surfaces. How can I define such boundary condition?

1 Reply Last Post 2024年5月13日 GMT-4 09:55
Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 month ago 2024年5月13日 GMT-4 09:55

Hello Henry,

I think that you can use a Boundary Similarity nonlocal coupling so that you can transfer the temperature from one surface to another, where you make the temperature on the seond surface equal to the one on the first surface plus or minus some constant temperature value using an expression such as

bndsim1(T)+20[K]

in a Temperature boundary condition node for the second surface. The condition for the temperature on the first surface can be defined freely. The temperature on the second surface then follows the temperature on the first surface, if that's an acceptable dependence.

Best regards,

Magnus

Hello Henry, I think that you can use a **Boundary Similarity** nonlocal coupling so that you can transfer the temperature from one surface to another, where you make the temperature on the seond surface equal to the one on the first surface plus or minus some constant temperature value using an expression such as `bndsim1(T)+20[K]` in a **Temperature** boundary condition node for the second surface. The condition for the temperature on the first surface can be defined freely. The temperature on the second surface then follows the temperature on the first surface, if that's an acceptable dependence. Best regards, Magnus

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.