Variable definition

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm having a problem and I don't know how to go around it. I'm trying to solve the equation (du/dt)+(du/dx)+(dP/dx)=(d2u/dx^2) using the coefficient form PDE maths physics.I used u as my dependent variable. but P is also another dependent variable here and I'm not able to define it in the physics setting because its unit is different from u. How do I define P as a variable? I tried to define it as a global variable but I don't have data on how P changes with x and don't know how P depends on x. Any help? Thank you.

0 Replies Last Post 2024年5月15日 GMT-4 12:35
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Hubert Treve

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.