Sensitivity Analysis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am simulating a capacitive pressure sensor and am stuck with Sensitivity Analysis. I have used Sensitivity analysis under Study 1 and have added Maxwell Capacitance expression comp1.es.C11 as the Objective Function and selected Pressure as my Control Variable. I am unable to understand the process involved in Sensitivity analysis as to whether Change in Capacitance divided by Change in Pressure is being computed or not which is the formula to calculate the Sensitivity. When I check for the sensitivity vs. pressure graph in Results section, I am getting a wrong curve.

Kindly clear my doubt over what is happening behind the COMSOL Sensitivity Analysis process.

Regards, Sourabh

2 Replies Last Post 2024年5月20日 GMT-4 03:15

Posted: 1 month ago 2024年5月17日 GMT-4 08:18

Hey hi, please check that the correct expressions are used for sensitivity calculation. If the correct parameters are selected, and verify the unit and scaling of your variables. It's possible that the wrong formula or parameter are being used, leading to inaccurate results.

Hey hi, please check that the correct expressions are used for sensitivity calculation. If the correct parameters are selected, and verify the unit and scaling of your variables. It's possible that the wrong formula or parameter are being used, leading to inaccurate results.

Posted: 1 month ago 2024年5月20日 GMT-4 03:15

Hello Soniya,

Thanks for the response. I am using the in-built 'Maxwell Capacitance' expression as the Objective Expression. I tried using another expression as per the blog https://www.comsol.com/blogs/computing-design-sensitivities-in-comsol-multiphysics/, even then I am getting the wrong sensitivity vs. pressure curve.

I even went through the Sensitivity Analysis document which doesn't exactly explain the process behind the same. So I sought help of COMSOL team to explain me the process behind Sensitivity Analysis.

Kindly help me with the same.

>Hey hi, please check that the correct expressions are used for sensitivity calculation. If the correct parameters are selected, and verify the unit and scaling of your variables. It's possible that the wrong formula or parameter are being used, leading to inaccurate results. Hello Soniya, Thanks for the response. I am using the in-built 'Maxwell Capacitance' expression as the Objective Expression. I tried using another expression as per the blog *https://www.comsol.com/blogs/computing-design-sensitivities-in-comsol-multiphysics/*, even then I am getting the wrong sensitivity vs. pressure curve. I even went through the *Sensitivity Analysis* document which doesn't exactly explain the process behind the same. So I sought help of COMSOL team to explain me the process behind *Sensitivity Analysis*. Kindly help me with the same.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.