Simulated Magnetic Field is not symmetrical

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am doing a time-dependet study where the 4 magnets rotate using Rotating machinery, Magnetic (rmm).

The goal is to simulate eddy currents of a nearby obejct and affected magnetic flux density. To evaluate the effect of the object, I am meassuring at two cut points 3D with the same distance from the magnets, one point is at Z:-240 (see picture) and the other at Z=-240. I am plotting the magnetic flux density of the two points over time.

Without an object present, I would expect the value at +240 and -240 to be indentical. But that is not the result I am getting.

I have attached the meassured magnetic flux density at two points. One image shows rmm.normB, the other rmm.Bz and the last all vector components. The absolute value of the Z-component seems to be nearly the same (delta = 1,5μT). The X and Y components have a delta of roughly 35μT.

What could be the reasons for these results? Bad mesh? Bad solver settings?

Thanks for any advice in advance!

Best regards, Felix

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.