Differences In The Results Of The Same Model In 3D And 2D axisymmetric.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have a 3D cylindrical model. I'm trying to have the same model in 2D axisymmetric as 3D model takes a lot of time. I'm trying to model the temperature profile inside a tubular reactor which is heated by the cylindrical jacket. I set up both models with same boundary conditions (inital velocity, inital temperature) but I'm getting different results from them. Could you please help me to understand why I couldn't get the same result from 2D axisymmetric model?

Thank you very much. Best wishes, K

1 Reply Last Post 2024年6月7日 GMT-4 10:04
Mark Cops COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 weeks ago 2024年6月7日 GMT-4 10:04

For both cases to match all the inputs, boundary condtions, initial conditions, mesh resoultion, and other assumptions must all be consistent. In order for anyone to give specific advice, you would need to upload both .mph model files so that a proper A-B comparison can be done.

-Mark

For both cases to match all the inputs, boundary condtions, initial conditions, mesh resoultion, and other assumptions must all be consistent. In order for anyone to give specific advice, you would need to upload both .mph model files so that a proper A-B comparison can be done. -Mark

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.